This event will be administrated by our own "Rabbi Ogbonnaya" (aka Dr O). While we will be celebrating Yom Kippur; Day of atonement, we will be accessing what Yom Kippur represents.
The goal is the repair and restoration of the firstborn (of a woman) of each family.* Come with an offering ready to give. According to scripture this offering was supposed to be 15 shekels. Once calculated according to today's terms, 15 shekels amounts to roughly $510 per firstborn. Rabbi Ogbonnaya says you may give an offering for the firstborn that is divisible by 150, and therefore the minimum offering for the firstborn would be $150 per firstborn. Again, it must be divisible by 150. Give offering/Submit name below.
There will be a designated time to give in person, but if you want to give early or will be watching online you may give via PayPal or credit card (below) to give online. You may give before the actual date as well. Either way for online giving please add in the "comments/notes" section the name of the firstborn. (ie- JOHN SMITH)
* [WATCH THE VIDEO] If you have had a miscarriage or abortion, there will be a restorative healing process for the womb and the impact upon the remaining children.
- Those that attend in person on Tuesday, (10/4), please wear white (white shirt, blouse or whole outfit). If you will be viewing online, we ask you to also consider wearing white as an act of unity.
- We recommend that you fast on those days, unless you take medication that requires you to eat. (Please check with your physician beforehand).
Schedule:THE DATES HAVE CHANGED TO 10/2, 10/3 & 10/4
- Sunday (10/2): 4pm - 6pm (PDT)
- Monday (10/3): 6pm - 8pm (PDT)
- Tuesday (10/4): 10am - 6pm (PDT)**
** We will celebrate Yom Kippur all day. Please come worship and observe with us.
This event will be held at Venice United Methodist Church